A machine created to work in all conditions
The MaxiDrill is designed as a high speed trailed minimum tillage drill but works equally well on ploughed and prepared seedbeds and can be used as a no-till drill in certain conditions. Key to the MaxiDrill is the space within its construction which allows it to cope extremely well in wet, sticky and trashy conditions. Designed with a long chassis, the MaxiDrill has the largest coulter stagger on the market. This gives it maximum clearance ensuring unrivalled residue flow for drilling in heavy residue seedbeds late into the season when most other minimum tillage drills have been put away in the shed.
Staggered disc coulters
- Two rows of identical leaf spring mounted discs with up to 120kg per coulter for consistent penetration and seeding depth even in tough conditions. This enables the drill to work as a no-till drill in certain conditions as well as a min-till drill as it was designed.
- Maintenance free hubs no longer need greasing.
- 56cm of clearance between the two rows of coulters ensures unrivalled residue flow.
Two rows of offset opposing cultivating discs
Overhauled for 2020, the Series 20 MaxiDrill updates include:
- Cultivate and produce a fine tilth in front of the press. Individually mounted on rubber shock absorbers for protection against stones.
- A slightly concave disc with small scallops moves and cultivates all the ground across the working width.
- Maintenance free hubs no longer need greasing; each disc is equipped with a rubber shock absorber to provide stone and shock protection.
- Works at high RPM due to its size which creates a finer tilth for the seed to be placed in.
- Hydraulically adjustable from the tractor seat to suit conditions.
Overhauled for 2020, the Series 20 MaxiDrill
- Option of up to 4 hoppers with separate metering to allow different seed and/or fertiliser combinations to be drilled in one pass.
- Two separate distribution circuits allow seed and fertiliser to be placed at different depths, as well as reducing blockages that can be caused by mixing them in damp conditions. This means fertiliser application can be targeted, reducing the total amount applied and minimising waste, particularly useful in cooler northern areas where crops have a shorter growing window and need to get off to the best possible start.
- Quartz 800 control box.
- Isobus ready electronics system.
The MaxiDrill’s road legal, high speed axle allows fast transport between fields and farms and means a comfortable ride for the operator. Thus enabling the press roller to be used for consolidation whilst seeding and not for transport.
3m, 4m and 6m models are available with or without fertiliser.